Rapid Development Model (RAD) is an incremental software development process model which focus on developing a software in short development cycle say 60-90 days.
When the software development is that intense and the duration is short, then two things happen.
- RAD model uses component-based development of software, ready-made software components are used for building the software product, otherwise writing code within a short span requires a huge effort.
- The customer also becomes part of the development team at the beginning, but not beyond the certain time limit.
Limitations of RAD process model
There are a few limitations of Rapid Development model.
- Requires sufficient human resource.
- A large project needs lot of people because of the need to finish the product in 60 – 90 days.
- Need commitment and efficient customer and developers who could deliver.
- Does not fit for all kind of development, because modular development and component-based development is a must.
- Even we cannot develop a product that needs to give a good performance.
- Not a good model when a project has a high technical risk.